As a condition of membership, local and state associations must meet the National Association of Realtors® Organizational Alignment Core Standards. The requirements fall into six categories:
- Code of Ethics
- Consumer Outreach
- Unification Efforts and Support of Realtor® Organization
- Financial Solvency
Associations must certify compliance each and every year. The purpose is “to raise the bar for Realtor® Associates and ensure high quality service for Realtors®.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT TO THE CONSUMER?
- Realtors® are the Voice of Real Estate promoting market statistics and/or real estate trends and addressing issues affecting property rights.
- Realtors® are held to a high standard of conduct and professionalism.
- Realtors® support communities in meaningful ways every day.
WHY IS THE IMPORTANT TO A REALTOR®?
- Every member is provided with the services they deserve.
- It is the opportunity and obligation of the association to secure the value of our brand to the public.
- Every member has the opportunity to increase his/her professionalism.